Your childs birth certificate, nationality and exit home

The birth certificate will have the name you choose for your child and your names as the parents. There is no mention of a surrogate or donor. The birth certificate will be issued by Ukraine.

Your Child’s Nationality

Since one of the intended parents must have a genetic link to the child, the child will automatically be a US citizen. The citizenship and exit process for each country differs.

To take your child home, you will need a US passport. To get your child’s US passport there is a process to file and documentation that must be completed. They also require that a sample of DNA from your child and the genetically related parent be tested in an accredited facility in the US. Any good agency will take care of this process for you.

Getting Your Child’s Passport

It can take up to a month to get the child’s US passport. The longest step is the DNA testing. Some agencies are able to expedite this process.
Make sure it is in your contract with the agency what, if anything, they will do for you after the child is born. You do not want to do this on your own and you don’t want to be stuck in Ukraine with your baby unable to travel home.
The process of getting exit documents for your newborn varies greatly from country to country. We will help you in arranging what is needed in Ukraine and, if necessary, in your home country. I advise reaching out to immigration or surrogacy lawyers in your home country to confirm the process and point out any important particulars.

in Blog
Hits: 0